A standby tandem paragliding flight is the same as a normal tandem paragliding flight except that you don’t book the time that you want. Instead, you come to fly when we have a standby space available. It sometimes happens that we have an odd number of bookings resulting in an extra space available, in these cases, we will offer standby flights to persons who have purchased a standby ticket in advance. Standby flights can take place at any of our flying sites including but not limited to Signal Hill, Lions Head, Paarl Rock, Du Toitskloof Pass and Franschhoek.
How does it work?
- Purchase a Standby Tandem Paragliding Flight on this page
- We will add you to our Standby WhatsApp Group
- We will announce when we have a Standby space available on the WhatsApp Group
- The first person to confirm acceptance of the space gets it
Q. Are pictures and video included?
A. No, though you can request this at the time of your flight at a cost of R299 (cash / card payment accepted)
Q. Are there any age restrictions?
A. No, tandem flights do not carry age restrictions.
Q. Are there any weight restrictions?
A. We have a standard maximum weight limit of 105kg (up to 115kg by special arrangement)
Q. Are there any height requirements?
A. Adults/children between the heights of 1.3m to 2.2m are the norm. We can accommodate shorter/smaller by special arrangements i.e. an appropriately sized harness. Please contact us to discuss
Q. How fit do I need to be to fly tandem?
A. Average, you need to be capable of running 10m
Q. How far in advance are standby spaces announced?
A. 1-3 days
Terms & Conditions
- A standby booking is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase
- Late arrivals and no-shows will forfeit their purchase
- Permit Fees – sites such as Lions Head, Signal Hill and Franschhoek require a permit fee of R50 which is not included in the price
- Cancellations are accepted up to 24 hours in advance. There are no refunds for Standby flights.
- Inclusions: Experienced Tandem Flight Instructor, Helmet, Harness, SAHPA membership
- Exclusions: Transportation back to the takeoff point (should you need a ride back to the takeoff location your instructor can assist)
- Shuttle services to/from Cape Town can be arranged upon request (additional cost) – please contact us should you require transport